- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Limited mintage of 100 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- Coin comes in box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Displays the Barbados coat of arms along with the face value and purity. The Golden Shield of the Arms carries two Pride of Barbados flowers (the national flower) and the bearded fig tree (ficus citrifolia). On either side of the shield are the supporters – on the right is a dolphin, symbolic of the fishing industry and on the left is a pelican, after Pelican Island, a small outcrop later incorporated into the Deep Water Harbour development. Above the shield is a helmet and mantling and on a wreath is the arm and hand of a Bajan holding two crossed pieces of sugar cane, symbolic of the sugar industry. The coat of arms carries the motto "Pride and Industry."
- Reverse: Features a view of a pelican from behind with its wings spanned out, standing on a pier post. Above the pelican are graphic images representing the clouds and below are waves of the ocean. The inscription "CARIBBEAN SILVER," purity and year of issue are also on the reverse.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Barbados government.
Protect your coins and capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This is another great addition to the Caribbean series. Add this beautiful pelican coin to your cart today!
This is the third release in this series featuring the national bird of Barbados, the brown pelican. Brown pelicans have a dark body, an oversized bill and a sinuous neck. This pelican is the smallest pelican species with an average length of 4-feet. Also featured in this series is the seahorse, which like the pelican features a yearly changing design. This series of Caribbean Gold and Silver has become very popular amongst investors and collectors and is exclusively available at APMEX.
APMEX has partnered with MDM Mint to bring you these beautiful Caribbean pelican coins. MDM, short for Münzhandelsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG German Coin, is one of the largest international mints and is also a member of the Richard Borek Group. Founded in 1893, this group is an internationally active coin trading company that is one of the world market leaders for Precious Metal collectibles.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.