Imam Hamood Afeef
- Born in 1971 in Yemen.
- B A in Quranic Sciences and Arabic Language from University of Sana’a
- Associates Degree in Computer Programming (University of Science and Technology)
- Teacher of the Quran and its sciences since 1989.
- Counselor and Administrator at different Academies for more than 15 years.
- Imam (Moslem Chaplain) and Lecturer for 15 years, Yemen.
- Imam and lecture at the American Moslem Society, Dearborn, MI (since 2005).
The Imam at AMS performs many services for the community. One of the main functions of the Imam is to educate people on the values of Islam. He gives numerous lectures at AMS on a wide variety of topics. In addition to disseminating knowledge at AMS, the Imam provides private guidance and counseling to anyone who needs it, whether it be a high school teenager or a couple experiencing marriage difficulties. The Imam works tirelessly to mediate conflicts between married couples so that the family remains intact. Unfortunately, in some instances, divorce becomes inevitable and the Imam works with both parties to have an amicable separation rather than endure a long and bitter divorce process through the court system.